Healthy Families San Angelo was among the first family support programs to realize that fathers play a significant and critical role in ensuring positive outcomes for children. As a response to the dearth of information in this area, we have developed two Maps for Dads curricula to be used with dads in home visits, office visits, or in group settings. In a fun, informative, and interactive style, these curricula support fathers with information, skills and activities for learning effective parenting.
The first of these, Welcome to Dadhood!, is the curriculum that covers the prenatal period and focuses on
- Dad's role during pregnancy
- Supporting the family relationship
- Encouraging positive father-child relationships before the child is born
- Preparing Dad for the first postnatal weeks
Each time a Home Visitor meets with the parents, they carry a lesson from the curriculum that is added to a three-ring notebook containing photos, keepsakes and milestones in the baby's life. This notebook becomes a treasure for the family to keep and a valuable reference guide for raising future children. Building the notebook together also helps the Home Visitor establish a positive, caring relationship with the parents.
A handy Curriculum Checklist is included in the purchase to assist in documentation and planning of home visits.
Your $249.00 investment in this powerful tool will provide you with the following for reproduction*:
- Masters for both male and female (in either English or Spanish)
- Curriculum Checklist master
- Instructions for printing and storage
- Guidelines for use and assembly